Scripts for Sticky Situations (1 CEU)
- Discuss why having scripts allows for a more efficient use of mental energy and consistent performance, and therefore, more effective interpretation overall.
- Present and problem-solve difficult scenarios that are frequent in interpreting but rarely discussed/prepared for in initial training.
- Review and brainstorm possible scripts for efficiently addressing these difficult scenarios.
- Kate Dzubinski grew up speaking four languages and majored in Linguistics and Psychology. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2014, is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI, and has worked as a hospital staff interpreter since 2015.
- Stephanie Wiley Cork holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from the University of Georgia. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2011 and is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI. She has worked in interpreter education since 2015.
Accredited for 0.1 IMIA/NBCMI CEU and 1 CCHI CEU