The Anatomy of Profanity (1 CEU)
Designed for Spanish Interpreters
- Discuss what profanity is and why it is used.
- Examine and reframe our thinking around professional behavior.
- Review strategies for accurate replication of messages containing profanity.
- Kate Dzubinski grew up speaking four languages and majored in Linguistics and Psychology. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2014, is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI, and has worked as a hospital staff interpreter since 2015.
- Stephanie Wiley Cork holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from the University of Georgia. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2011 and is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI. She has worked in interpreter education since 2015.
Accredited for 0.1 IMIA/NBCMI CEU and 1 CCHI CEU