Psychiatric Interviews: The Impact of Language (1 CEU)
- Examine how data extracted from patient language is used as a tool to reach a mental health diagnosis.
- Explore various mental illnesses and the language patterns that characterize them.
- Delineate how mental health providers and interpreters can collaborate to achieve clear communication with an LEP patient.
- Dr. Jennifer Wootten received her medical degree from Mercer University and psychiatric training at Emory University School of Medicine. For the past 20 years she has worked at the outpatient behavioral health clinic at Grady Health System.
- Stephanie Wiley Cork holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from the University of Georgia. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2011 and is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI. She has worked in interpreter education since 2015.
Accredited for 0.1 IMIA/NBCMI CEU and 1 CCHI CEU