Interpreting Register: Navigating Differing Levels of Formality
- Learn to identify and match register differences across working languages.
- Gain training in interventions that bridge gaps between register and understanding.
- Obtain strategies to research and create equivalents for words that exist in one working languages but not the other.
- Introduce corresponding concept of plain language in the medical field.
- Kate Dzubinski grew up speaking four languages and majored in Linguistics and Psychology. She completed her 40 hour medical interpreter training in 2014, is certified through the NBCMI and CCHI, and has worked as a hospital staff interpreter since 2015.
Accredited for 0.2 IMIA/NBCMI CEUs and 2.0 CCHI CEUs